Last Updated: April 20, 2015
If you have questions or concerns about Outerwall's privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: April 20, 2015
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us, such as your name, email address, birthday, postal address, zip code, phone number, photographs, videos, social media usernames, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about you when you use our Services or otherwise interact with us, and we may tie this to information we otherwise collect about you. For example, we may collect:
- Transaction Information: When you use our kiosks, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, date, time, and location. In some cases, we may also capture images and information using photo or video surveillance cameras installed on our kiosks.
- Log Information: When you visit our websites, some information is automatically logged, such as your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, and the sites you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Mobile Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications. With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your mobile device. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see "Information Choices and Changes" below.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features are popular and count visits to our Services. For more information, please see "Information Choices and Changes" below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also referred to as "clear gifs"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine it with information we collect about you.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- maintain and administer your accounts and membership profiles;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries, prizes and rewards;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- personalize the Services and provide content and features we think will be of interest to you;
- facilitate your relationship with third parties who offer services that you choose to use;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news and information about products and services offered by Outerwall and other companies;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Outerwall and others;
- link or combine information about you with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Outerwall Inc. is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to Outerwall, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you (for information about how to opt out of this type of sharing, see "Information Choices and Changes" below);
- when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services or third party services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos and any other information you choose to provide;
- with third parties, including law enforcement and third-party loss prevention personnel, to detect, investigate or prevent fraudulent or suspicious transactions, support investigations into suspected theft, fraud or other wrongdoing, prevent any action that is illegal or otherwise inconsistent with our user agreements or policies and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of Outerwall and others (including retailers);
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. To opt out of having information about you used in this way, please email us at email@example.com.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Outerwall takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Account Information. If you have an online account with Outerwall, you may access, update and correct information about you by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us at email@example.com if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from Outerwall by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing the relevant Outerwall application(s) from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Opt Out of Information Sharing. To opt out of having Outerwall share information about you with third parties for their own business purposes, including to market products and services to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Outerwall qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
EU/U.S. SAFE HARBOR
Outerwall is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to personal data transferred from the EU to the U.S. For more information about the Safe Harbor program and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor website. If you have concerns about our compliance with the Safe Harbor program, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to resolve your concern or dispute with us, you may submit complaints to JAMS for mediation pursuant to the JAMS International Mediation Rules.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Outerwall may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above, and in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.