COINSTAR #SNAP2WINCASH CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
Important: Please read these rules before entering this Promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF THE U.S., EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OVER THE AGE OF 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND OUTERWALL INC. ("SPONSOR") RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by Sponsor in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of Sponsor and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Limit one entry per person during the Promotion Period (defined below).
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor, all participating sponsors, Facebook, Inc., Offerpop Corporation, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 am (all times Pacific Time) on April 4, 2016 and ends at 11:59 pm on May 6, 2016 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
4. Prizes. One first place winner will receive a $500 Visa® gift card, one second place winner will receive a $250 Visa gift card, one third place winner will receive a $150 Visa gift card and one runner up will receive a $100 Visa gift card. Approximate retail value of all prizes: $1,000.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the prize depend on number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prizes will be awarded. If the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a prize is otherwise not claimed within 15 days after delivery of notification, the applicable prize will be forfeited and awarded to the entrant whose Submission (as defined in Section 7, below) is selected that puts the Submission into the top four (4) after the forfeiting potential winner is disqualified. The prize is not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the prize. The prize is awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. To enter, take the following steps during the Promotion Period: (a Take a picture of something that you purchased after exchanging your change for cash or a gift card at a Coinstar® or Coinstar Exchange™ kiosk; (b) Write a brief caption (no more than 100 words) explaining how you used your gift card or money. (the "Promotion Theme"); (c) Visit Sponsor’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Coinstar (if you do not have a Facebook account, you can obtain one for free at www.facebook.com), click on the #Snap2wincash app and follow the instructions to upload your photo and submit your entry, including providing all requested contact information (your picture and caption, together, your "Submission").
8. Content Guidelines. All requested information and material must be provided for your entry to be valid. Submissions submitted to Sponsor in connection with the Promotion will not be returned to entrants. Failure to submit all required information in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. By uploading your Submission, you agree that your Submission conforms to the Content Guidelines and Restrictions listed below (the "Content Guidelines") and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify you from the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Content Guidelines. • Your Submission must be your original creation and owned one hundred percent (100%) by you, or alternatively you must have full rights to grant the license and rights that you grant to Sponsor in Section 11 below; • Your Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes upon any person’s or entity’s rights including, but not limited to, the rights of privacy (including, but not limited to, publicity and/or right not to be held in a false light), publicity or any intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, trademark or copyright infringement), and cannot describe, in any identifiable way, any copyrights, trademarks/tradenames, logos, or similar brand identifying marks or third party artistic works; • Your Submission must not contain any personal health information or ‘protected health information’ as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, personal financial information, social security numbers, credit card, debit card or bank account numbers, driver’s license or other identification numbers or other sensitive information or data of you or any other person; • Your Submission must not disparage any person or entity; • Your Submission must be tasteful, consistent with Sponsor’s brand and image, must not be harmful to Sponsor’s brand or image, and must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory; • Your Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and • Your Submission must not contain material that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
9. Selection and Notification of Winner. After the end of the Promotion Period, panel of judges comprised of Coinstar employees will evaluate the eligible Submissions and select winners based on the following criteria ("Selection Criteria"): (a) originality of Submission; (b) composition of Submission; and (d) the overall impact (e.g., cleverness, photographic quality, clarity) of the Submission. All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. All entrants and entries are subject to verification by Sponsor (in Sponsor’s sole discretion.) By entering the Promotion, you consent to being placed on a mailing list for promotional and other purposes. The four Submissions that most closely satisfy the Selection Criteria will be deemed winners. Each winner will be notified by e-mail or other electronic message within seven (7) days after the end of the Promotion Period. To claim a prize, each winner should follow the instructions contained in his or her notification.
10. Non-Infringing Entry Materials. You hereby represent and warrant that (a) you have the right to grant the rights granted herein (including without limitation in Section 10 below) or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your Submission in connection with the Promotion and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; and (b) your Submission and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
11. License to Submissions. By entering the Promotion and submitting your Submission, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Promotion and for other entertainment, instruction/education, advertising, marketing and promotional, or other purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission or Promotion entry materials to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph. You also agree to take, at Sponsor’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits, licenses, and other documents (which may include obtaining acceptable releases from individuals appearing or named in your Submission)) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect, or confirm Sponsor’s rights set forth above in this paragraph and/or in Section 13. You will not be entitled to compensation for any use by Sponsor, or its agents, licensees or assignees, of your Submission.
13. General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU WAIVE THE BENEFITOF ANY PROVISIONS OF ANY STATUTE OR OTHER LAW THAT MIGHT ADVERSELY AFFECT THE RIGHTS OF ANY RELEASED PARTY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. Without limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive all rights you may have under California Civil Code Section 1542, which reads as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the Release, which if known by him must have materially afftected the settlement with the debtor."
14. Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winners' name, Facebook name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, including without limitation, a public facing winner list, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, Facebook name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
16. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after May 20, 2016 and before May 20, 2017 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: #Snap2wincash Winners List. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: #Snap2wincash Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
17. Copyright Notice. OUTERWALL and COINSTAR are trademarks of Outerwall Inc. or its subsidiary. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2016 by Outerwall Inc. All rights reserved.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL ANY RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION, INSTALLATION OF ANY PRIZE, OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF OUTERWALL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING PROVIDED FOR THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING ANY EQUIPMENT, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUROSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY EQUIPMENT PROVIDED FOR USE IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PRIZE EXCEED $100.SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
19. Governing Law. Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or related to the Promotion or these Official Rules will be construed in accordance with and will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. Entrant will not commence any action except in the state and federal courts located in King County, Washington.
20. Miscellaneous. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. In the event that Sponsor suspends or cancels the Promotion for any of these reasons, Sponsor may award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: #Snap2wincash Questions.
Sponsor: Outerwall Inc., 1800 114th Ave. SE, Bellevue, WA 98004.